For the past many years there have been about 30,000 to 35,000 new members added to the Adventist church in North America. This is thrilling, because each new member properly developed becomes a soul winner of others.
But what if next year we saw 100,000 new members added? Would that be an indication that God’s church was focused in new ways on the mission He has given us? Would that indicate that our members have become more aware of the “many that are on the verge of the kingdom, waiting only to be gathered in” (Acts of the Apostles p. 109)?
This next year could be the best ever for inviting people into our church families and into this worldwide movement of God.
Here are a few resources that can help you in your plans-
- Share the Hope 2009- North American Division website
- Share the Hope overview document
- NPUC Momentum website
- Soul Winning Planning Sheet for the Local Church
- “God Said… So What?” DVD Reaping Series (with Byron Corbett & John Bradshaw, Recently held and filmed in Spokane, Distributed free to every church and school in the NPUC in January 2009)
- Your local conference ministerial/evangelism coordinator